ENR71-5 Half Rounds 5 String 45-130
ENR71-5 is a light gauge, half round string set for 5-string, long scale electric bass. The centerless grinding process used to finish XL Half Round strings delivers a smooth feel and reduced finger noise, with tone that's comparable to round wound strings.
- 45-130 gauged 5-string set with the benefits of an exclusive "Half Round" manufacturing process
- Brightness and tension similar to standard round wound strings with smoother feel
- These strings are designed for long scale basses (34”+) and have a taper at 36 – 7/8”
- All D'Addario strings are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA
- String Gauges: Wound .045, .065, .080, .100, .130
- Tapered low B string
Many 5-string bass players prefer a tapered end for the low B string. This allows the heavier gauge low B string to be positioned on the bridge more evenly with the other 4 strings. The taper can also improve the clarity of the fundamental tone, which improves intonation.