NYXL45130 Light Gauge 5 String 45-130
NYXL45130 is a regular light gauge string set for 5-string, long scale basses. The high carbon steel used in NYXL strings offers higher break strength, enhanced tuning stability, and accentuated mid-range.
- Re-engineered core-to-wrap ratios for a more versatile string
- Reformulated nickel plated steel wrap wire for a familiar feel and accentuated harmonics
- NY Steel cores for improved tuning stability and increased durability
- These strings are designed for long scale basses (34”+) and have a taper at 36 – 7/8”
- String Gauges: NYXL Nickel Wound .045, .065, .080, .100, .130
- Tapered low B string
Many 5-string bass players prefer a tapered end for the low B string. This allows the heavier gauge low B string to be positioned on the bridge more evenly with the other 4 strings. The taper can also improve the clarity of the fundamental tone, which improves intonation.